This is a common sight in the NRSC program. this picture was taken by a classmate, and here we are directing 2 species, Yellow perch, and in the background Rainbow trout. it was taken February, 2020
Here is another common sight in the NRSC program, and it really shows the diversity of work we do in this degree. this photo wa taken by a classmate, and here they’re measuring a young tree to determine its age amount other things. its useful for silvicultural practices.

Here you can share and reflect on the courses you have taken towards this credential.

Low (1) Medium (3) High (5)
1 3 5

ENSU 1000: LEADERSHIP IN ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY

Verification Form

Category A – Courses in Environmental Sustainability 

Name: Tori McQueen                                                                     Points Earned: 5

Write down the credit or service learning course(s) you have completed, and upload this form into your e-Portfolio. For courses not on the approved courses list or courses completed at another institution, please provide a course outline and verification of final grade to lead@tru.ca.

1 point per course, up to a maximum of 5 courses.

Course Name Final Grade
NRSC 3100 Grassland Ecology A-
NRSC 2200 Forest Ecology and Silvics 2 A
NRSC 4020 Natural Resource Entomology A-
NRSC 3200 Silviculture B+
NRSC 4140 Natural Resource Policy and Planning B

TO VERIFY: Write course title(s) and #, along with a reflective paragraph of the course(s) and how it relates to environmental sustainability in your e-Portfolio.

• The courses I’ve taken so far at Thompson Rivers University have furthered my understanding of environmental sustainability in the way that I’m learning actual techniques to use in the field that make resource management sustainable. For example learning how to manage a damaged grassland to bring it back to life again, so that it can be used for habitat and cattle grazing. Or how to manage a forest stand so that it can always be harvested by humans, but remain intact for wildlife habitat, which also protects watersheds. These courses I’m taking also set me up for future employment and being very aware of how people and wildlife depend on these resources and how to manage them so that they can be used continually and sustainably.

900 McGill Road, Kamloops BC  V2C 0C8  Canada  |  tru.ca